Dark Mode
Monday, 23 February 2026
Logo
AdSense Advertisement
Advertisement
Taliban bars media, locals from accessing TTP sites hit in Pakistani air strikes in Afghanistan

Taliban bars media, locals from accessing TTP sites hit in Pakistani air strikes in Afghanistan

By The South Asia Times 

 

KABUL - Afghan media and local residents have been largely prevented from accessing multiple sites targeted by Pakistan Air Force in the Saturday's night operation against Pakistani Taliban in several locations inside Afghanistan, raising concerns over transparency and independent reporting.

 

 

State-run Afghan media aired footage from only one location in Behsud district, showing a house reduced to rubble. 

 

The Taliban reported that 17 members of the same family were killed in the strike. No official footage or reporting has been released from other affected sites.

 

Residents in Paktika, Khost, and Nangarhar told The South Asia Times that Taliban forces had cordoned off several areas soon after the Pakistani air strikes and barred civilians from entering or recording videos.

 

“Early this morning, we went to Barmal to assist in rescue efforts, but Taliban soldiers stopped us and said only officials were allowed inside,” said one resident on condition of anonymity.

 

 

Locals in Khost and Khogyani reported similar restrictions, with authorities preventing access until bodies had been removed.

 

 “I saw more than 20 vehicles early in the morning transporting bodies from the area,” said a Khogyani resident in Nangarhar province.

 

 “Pakistani Taliban members have been living here with their families for several years.”

 

A local journalist, speaking anonymously, confirmed that Taliban officials allowed media including Al Jazeera correspondent access only in Behsud, where a local home belonging to the Shahbuddin family was hit, resulting in 17 deaths. 

 

Requests to visit other locations in Khogyani, Nangarhar, Khost, and Paktika were denied.

 

 Residents initially barred from these sites were only allowed in after bodies were evacuated.

 

The restrictions have left questions about the scale of casualties and the full impact of the operations largely unanswered.

 

Meanwhile, Pakistani intelligence source said that during Saturday night’s airstrikes, the Pakistan Air Force targeted multiple key locations of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militants inside Afghanistan.

 

 

AdSense Advertisement
Advertisement
AdSense Advertisement
Advertisement

Comment / Reply From

AdSense Advertisement
Advertisement